Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vericosity...

Since only ladies and my husband read this blog, and since this blog is supposed to be a honest story of this pregnancy, I have some disturbing information.


I have a vulva vericosity. That's right- a vericose vein is on my vulva. It arrived a couple weeks ago and in order to keep it from getting too inflamed and swollen, I have to eat blueberries every day. I also ordered this contraption, the V2 Supporter, to manage the pain: (No. It unfortunately does not come with the purple leotard)

4 comments:

  1. I feel you should still order the purple leotard separately.

    Also: how terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggle every time I see that photo. I'm excited to hear how it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberries is the remedy? That's awesome! My favorite fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite familiar with these due to the nature of my work... but, I had to tell you, I had a friend who was pregnant with twins, who had to wear this, plus a pregnancy girdle (those straps that are all over your belly, back and chest to support your abs and back), AND these super cool support hose that went all the way up to her chest. We used to joke about her "body armor" and she was so glad to shed it when she had her boys! Anyway, all that to say- I'm sorry, and I understand kinda (I did the hose and the girdle when I was working- it was the only way my ankles would fit into my shoes!). I have been praying for you, and I will continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete