Monday, January 4, 2010

Girl or Boy?

Everyone keeps asking if we are hoping for a girl. I would love a little girl and when I picture this baby, I picture a girl. But there are many pros for each gender.

Pros for having a boy: We know boys since we already have two. My two are the most opposite of any two boys so I think I can handle any inbetween. We have a ton of boy stuff. Our house is very boy- rowdy, loud and has lots of trucks. (Cons: This one will be farther apart in age and will not have the bond that my other two have)

Pros for having a girl: It may balance out our home a little bit. It will be different. And seriously- the clothes and cloth diapers! So cute. (Cons: Teenage girls... augh; the drama)

So, thankfully, I don't have to make this decision. I'm leaving it in God's hands and am trusting that He knows what He's doing. We are probably going to find out the sex so that I can be ready with all the necessary items.

Next time- Where to give birth...

4 comments:

  1. Leah, this is NOT a boring blog! I'm excited to keep up with your pregnancy this way. Thanks for sharing! And GO HOME BIRTH - Whoot! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to disagree with the age being a factor in closeness. Blake and Parker are 4 years apart and are super close...they all are. I think that is just how it works with boys. Having a girl is fun, but you will be blessed with either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEENAGE drama for girls? That's years down the road, how about at birth ? :) Boy or girl will be perfect. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, Haha. I put those things as two different cons: Teenage girls AND the drama that comes with girls. I SO know better. :)

    Tanya, good to know!

    ReplyDelete