Sunday, January 10, 2010

Names

One of my favorite names was just taken by a new baby at church: Naomi Rose. I'm very sad but will just have to get over it.

Calvin says that if we have a girl, he wants to name her Hamburger. I don't know where he got this? Anyone? Other names he likes: Susan, Jack and Zack.

We will definitely have a hard time if we have a boy. And there are so many wonderful girl names, there will be trouble choosing. I REALLY love Penelope (Penny for short) but Eric doesn't liek it and then we found out it means "Dream Weaver" which sounds sort of new-agey for me. So I'm letting it go.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha...you guys are funny. Jacob wanted to name her Yoda. I like penelope and poppy and molly. If it was going to be a boy, his name would have been Nathaniel (nate for short) or Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Penelope and I'm sticking to it. How often do you really think about what your name means? That's just me. I don't even know what MY name means!

    ReplyDelete